My Blog List

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Master Bedroom

Here is some pics of the Master Bedroom. I did the wall color in Benjamin Moore Beach Glass. The bedding is Pottery Barn Sydney Palampore. I still need to get one more european sham for the center pillow but haven't had a chance to get back to Pottery Barn.

When we moved we upgraded our bed from a Queen to a King and I am not sure why we didn't do this sooner! There are two problems with the king though. The first problem is I had to put our bed frame that matched the furniture in the guest room. I want to get a matching headboard at some point but we have so much more to do in the house that it will just have to wait. Second problem is our nightstands are too wide for the wall. Only one fits and I currently have a plant stand on the other side. It works for now but want to change this at some point also.

I haven't the slightest clue on what to do for the window treatments in this room. Any suggestions?











4 comments:

  1. I like the room! Maybe you could make some balloon valances with that shirtless cowboy fabric you've always fancied! Go for it!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/A-HENRY-FABRIC-WRANGLERS-PIN-UP-COWBOYS-TRUCKS-BLUE_W0QQitemZ140397943449QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fabric?hash=item20b05e9a99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Maybe plantations shutters for a clean look? Otherwise I like the nature blinds with some crisp white grommet curtains. WIshin I had a king!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of gram's quilts...sweet coordinated one at the foot of your bed. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to decide on your "look". White shutters would be clean and crisp. I happen to love balloon valances; if they were in the same fabric as your bedding, they would tie the room together, and it would be a softer look. I have the same nightstand issue as you do. Once you get a headboard it will be even more challenging as a headboard will eat up precious inches on each side, too! If I ever figure it out, I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete